A Little Crochet and Some Quilting too

Time for a little projects update! I have been busy, seldom without a hook, some needles or fabric in my hands when I'm not at my day job :-)  
First up is a shawl I crocheted which will be a donation to the Knit Michigan silent auction, in memory of my knitting/quilting buddy Debbie,
who left this world way too young after a brave battle with lung cancer.  I used a worsted weight wool from the Queensland Collection called Rustic Tweed






Next is another crochet project, a red/teal scarf which are the colors requested by the Michigan Special Olympics Scarf Project for 2011. Shown below is one of the two I made to donate to this cause.


And now for a little quilting! My husband picked this picture out as one of his favorites from our family trip last year to Hawaii:



I loved playing with the idea of framing the picture with traditional blocks, blending the colors out from the photo. It's hanging on the design wall for quilting design inspiration. 




Just a quick update as I clear up my workspace and get ready for some garment sewing. I have that cute jacket (hem, buttonholes!) to finish up, and then a dress for my daughter Kristen. She deserves it!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants