New Year - New Goals: 8 for 2012

I don't usually "do" New Year's resolutions, but I think setting down some attainable goals at the start of a new year might be interesting. It will be fun to check back throughout the year to see how much I've thought about those goals and worked toward meeting them.
Since I hit my mid-50's with my last birthday, a more healthy lifestyle all the way around is at the forefront of my thoughts these days. And not just including a more healthy diet and more frequent exercise, but more thought and consideration to the choices I make each day: what TV shows I watch/don't watch, books I read, words I choose to say/write, people and activities I choose to spend my time with. 
With that in mind, here are my 8 goals for 2012, in no particular order:

  1. Meal planning with an eye toward keeping it more nutritious. Looking at the week ahead instead of cooking meals by the seat of my pants.
  2. Consistent exercise is a battle for me, and I'll continue to strive for at least 30 min 4X/week.
  3. Less TV watching, more book reading. 'Nuff said.
  4. On the garment sewing front, I hope to sew down my stash by making more and more of my wardrobe and purchasing less. 1-2 garments a month should be easy enough to accomplish, and still leave room for sewing for family members and home dec too.
  5. Keep pushing myself to become more proficient with my knitting/crochet. I'm proud of the pieces I've made over the last year, but I know that there is always more to learn.
  6. Clean closets and purge the extra. I like to hang on to 'stuff' way too much, and I'm feeling the need to downsize and release some of the clutter. 
  7. Journal more.
  8. Plant and maintain a vegetable garden this spring and summer. I love our local farmers' market, but I want to grow more of my own.

I'm sure that this list could grow from the 8 goals listed, but I think it's a good start. These are the things that are always on my mind, and I hope by writing them down and coming back occasionally to reassess how I am doing will help bring an peaceful order to my days. 

So, on to the New Year and all the ups and downs ahead!


Comments

  1. I can SO relate to your goals, Patty! Glad ee're blog buddies so we can be an encouragement to each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list of goals. My plan is to return to exercising again and hoping that I can stay focused.

    Thanks for the beautiful compliment on my daughter & her dress.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674