Blogger Award

Thank you, Lori from Girls in the Garden, for nominating me for my first Blogger Award, the Very Inspiring Blog/One Lovely Blogger Award!



I'm thrilled that this came from Lori: an exceptional sewist, gardener, decorator, and Mom....not necessarily in that order :-) 

The rules of this award are:

1-Thank the person who nominated you.
2-Add The One Lovely Blog/Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post.
3-Share 7 things about yourself.
4-Pass the award on to 10 nominees.
5-Inform you nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.

So.....here are 7 things:

1- I love sushi, but only eat it in Chicago with my 2 daughters
2-My husband and I are high school sweethearts, and we work together 4 days/week.
3- I am an alum from the University of Michigan so my blood runs maize and blue ;-)
4-I belong to 2 knitting groups, and one quilting group, and I love my knitting and sewing buddies!
5-Dresses are my favorite garments to sew.
6-TV viewing: Project Runway (but of course!), Parenthood, The Good Wife, Mad Men, Downton Abbey
7-Best way to spend a weekend: Game Night! with my husband, 4 kids and their friends.....priceless!

Passing this award on to 10 nominees will be difficult, since I see this weekend that many of the bloggers I read have already received this award. What I will do tho, is  
link to 3 sewing bloggers that I've just started reading. These gals are amazing:

1-Poldapop sews garments with a lot of detail
2-JuliaBobbin; amazing sewing skills
3-LauraMae at Lilacs & Lace loves to knit and sew retro

Opening my Google Reader everyday while I enjoy my morning coffee is a real treat for me, and I feel like I've made some 'real' online friends and continue to be inspired by their work. The Internet has opened up my world of sewing and knitting, and I feel like I learn something new almost every day!



Comments

  1. Thank you for the lovely award, Patty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the award Patty and congratulations on receiving yours! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award! Very Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the award, Patty, and thanks for nominating my blog! I feel honored to be in the company of Julia Bobbin & Laura Mae, since I've been admiring their work for a while now. And my husband will be pleased with the shout out from another Michigan fan!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674