Simplicity 2648 is an Amazing Fit pattern, which has different bodice pattern pieces for cup sizes A-B-C-D along with adjustments for "slim, average and curvy fit". If you read my last post , you will already know that I am excited about these options that the pattern companies are providing the home sewist. I think with these options, along with a lot of trial and error over my last few years of sewing, that I've finally figured out how to obtain a much better fit with my garment sewing. The fabric I used for this unlined sheath dress was a heathered gray ponte knit from FabricMart that I purchased online in June, 2011. I have several of the Simplicity Amazing Fit patterns, but hadn't yet actually used one. When I picked this dress pattern to sew up, I decided to follow the directions as written. That meant cutting larger seam allowances, and basting(!) seams for fitting, then removing the basting, taking apart the dress and resewing. This...
We are in the midst of The Wedding Year at our house, with 3 weddings in 9 months! I wanted a new dress for our son's and his bride-to-be's wedding shower last weekend, so I picked McCall's 5974 out of my pattern stash. This pattern has SO many rave reviews on PatternReview , and I don't know why I haven't made it before! I chose to sew up View C, which is the same as View D: just has 3/4 sleeves. This looks so much like the iconic Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress! I went stash-diving for the ITY knit jersey fabric that I knew I had: Some of the notes I made with this project: -1 " FBA, added 1" at waist & hip - no zipper needed ...
In need of some new pajamas, I pulled out McCall's 5248 (bottoms) & Vogue 8151 (top). I have used both of these patterns before, so I could go right to cutting them out and sewing them up, which I did last night. The fabric is a cotton knit from Fabric.com , which I purchased a couple of weeks ago when I needed some yarn and had to fill my cart to take advantage of free shipping....you know how that is, right? I also found a black cotton knit in the stash for the neckline binding and hem band....needed to break up that jazzy print LOL! With the COLD temps we are having in the Midwest due to the polar vortex, these are just what I want to climb into at the end of the day. Guess I'm on a roll with two garments sewn in January, and this one meets the Jungle January challenge!
Comments
Post a Comment