Simplicity 2648...and an Amazing Fit!
Simplicity 2648 is an Amazing Fit pattern, which has different bodice pattern pieces for cup sizes A-B-C-D along with adjustments for "slim, average and curvy fit". If you read my last post , you will already know that I am excited about these options that the pattern companies are providing the home sewist. I think with these options, along with a lot of trial and error over my last few years of sewing, that I've finally figured out how to obtain a much better fit with my garment sewing. The fabric I used for this unlined sheath dress was a heathered gray ponte knit from FabricMart that I purchased online in June, 2011. I have several of the Simplicity Amazing Fit patterns, but hadn't yet actually used one. When I picked this dress pattern to sew up, I decided to follow the directions as written. That meant cutting larger seam allowances, and basting(!) seams for fitting, then removing the basting, taking apart the dress and resewing. This...
Very stylish looking dress on you! Lovely choice of style and fabric.
ReplyDeleteVery stylish dress, looks great.
ReplyDeletePatty, that is such a cute dress! I love it with the black tights. You look really cute!
ReplyDeletethis is so beatifull:))
ReplyDelete