Butterick: Lisette B6244



I am still sewing down my stash (with a new purchase here
and there, of course!), and I found this VERY open 
weave tweed-like fabric in my fabric cupboard.  I do know that this has been 
in my fabric stash for many years:  I can't remember
where I bought it. It may have been off the red tag clearance tables at
Joann's, but that purchase was made a l.o.n.g. time ago.
Is it home dec fabric? Not sure, the weave is so open. But the fabric
is drapey, and my sewing buddy Karen suggested that I use it in a 
waterfall-type jacket. 

Butterick 6244 is a Lisette pattern from a while back, but it is still available on 


    What a cute, fun and easy pattern to make! It would be so lovely in
a drapey wool or fleece, or a substantial knit. Not so sure that
the open weave tweed I chose was the right fabric, but I just love those fall colors!!

I used my serger to overlock all the pieces after cutting them out. That then
meant that I couldn't do the flat felled seams called for in the pattern, but the serging
worked out okay.
Luckily,  there was a lot of ease in the fabric, which worked to my advantage
as I couldn't clip any seams like around the neckline, etc either!
It's a big jacket, with a lot of fabric, but I did enjoy wearing it yesterday to work
.
I may revisit this pattern someday , with a more appropriate fabric.
                                             


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674