Log Cabin blanket KAL (2013!)


Take a look at this little bit of lovely!
Rooting around in my knitting closet for some stash yarn, I found this unfinished 
knit blanket. For several years I knit with a fun group of ladies at a local yarn shop 
called Sweet Pea's (now closed), and each year we would do a block-of-the-month
knitted blanket. This log cabin from 2013(!) is more like a strip-of-the-month, but you get the idea.


Two color ways were offered, if I remember correctly, pastel colors as 
well as the more autumnal jewel tones pictured above.
 Kits were made up using  Berroco Vintage worsted yarn, and each week we would 
be given the yarn and the next set of instructions. As you can see, each strip has
a different stitch pattern.  It was a fun way to try new textures, which I loved.
Knit on larger needles (10 1/2?), it is very drapey and cozy. And washable, which is
key for a blanket, in my opinion.


You might be wondering why this project sat it time out so long? Well, I had approximately
36 inches or so of the I-cord bind off to finish, and I had run out of the navy
blue yarn. Of course, I really didn't want to order another skein to finish that
little bit, though in reality Vintage is one of my go-to yarns, and I would surely
have found a use for it! 
Fast forward 6 years, and I had no trouble getting that puppy finished with another
color.......done is done!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants