Me-Made-May 2019: McCall's 7381


What's not to love about a Spring wedding in Michigan, especially when the 
weather turns out perfect! 
One of my daughters' dear friends had a lovely outdoor barn wedding this month,
and I got to wear my new dress: McCall's 7381


Sewing Pattern Women's Dress Pattern, Loose Fit Pullover Dress Pattern, Long Dress Pattern, McCall's Sewing Pattern 7381
Image result for mccalls 7381
I had this blouseweight Peachskin woven fabric from FabricMart  waiting on my shelf 
 and it worked perfectly with this McCall's pattern.
After reading a few reviews of this pattern, I knew the bodice might run a little big, 
so I did not make any adjustments there. Actually, I only made a couple of changes.
The pattern calls for lining the bodice, and I always prefer a lined bodice to using facings!
But I also lined the skirt, a quick and easy additional step that gave it a little more structure 
and also feels great! 
I was also able to pull this dress on easily, so I elected to hand sew the front overlap closed, rather
than use the snaps called for in the pattern directions.


Due to the outdoor nature of this event, I wore flat shoes. Next time a small heel would be nice.

Lovely celebration, and fun to share with our daughters and their husbands.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674