Me-Made-May 2019: Simplicity 1810

I've been wanting to sew with linen for a while now, and this lovely linen print from Fabric Mart just jumped into my online cart a few weeks ago. 



Simplicity 1810 has been in my pattern collection (now it's OOP) waiting for it's turn in the rotation, and I'm happy I got to use it! I really love the shoulder gathers, the clean neckline facings and the fullness that gets gathered by the self ties that come out of the back darts (clever!). The linen I used does tend to stand away from the body a little bit, but not enough to bother me. 

After measuring the pattern pieces I decided that there was enough ease so that I did not need to make an FBA, but I did raise the front neckline about 1/2 inch, lengthened the ties, and graded out from below the bust to hem. That extra hip room was not needed and I ended up taking some back out.
Today I wore this with the ties crossing over in front and knotted in the back, hard to see with my printed linen. But I do also have the option just to bring them to the front and tie them there.



The bias bound armholes worked perfectly: check out the vintage bias tape I had in my stash that sold for 19 cents back in the day! 


It is still cold (in the 50's) and rainy here in Michigan, so I paired my new top with my recently made Blackwood cardigan.


Pictures taken today at the Fisher Theater in Detroit, where my husband and I saw the musical Waitress. Fabulous venue for pictures and a great play as well!



Comments

  1. Lovely . You always make the most beautiful clothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb! Now that I have the fit adjustments figured out, it is SO much more fun!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful piece that pairs so well with your Blackwood cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vanessa! That Blackwood is a winner!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants