Me-Made-May 2019: New Look 6301 and LoriAnne Patterns


It was a lovely Michigan Spring Day yesterday, perfect for my favorite wrap dress: New Look 6301, and my Walking Coat by LoriAnne Patterns.





This is a lovely pattern from New Look, and the only adjustment I made ( I think.....I made this a couple of years ago!) was a FBA. I used a very pretty floral ITY from JoAnn Fabrics which was a perfect match for the pattern.



I love yellow, and and I love my yellow Spring coat! This too was made a couple of years ago after I purchased the pattern at a Sewing Expo weekend in Novi, MI. This large weave, wool fabric was another estate sale purchase.  Lining it with a striped silky poly worked well, and I eliminated any closures as both a practical (thicker fabric!) and style choice.

There is usually a small window of opportunity to wear this coat in our Midwestern Spring before the weather really warms up, but I enjoy wearing it every time!



Comments

  1. Both pieces look lovely together! I am amazed at how beautifully you fired the dress!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants