Me-Made-May 2019: Blackwood Cardigan #2


                I like and wear my first Blackwood Cardigan so much (blogged about here), that I thought I would make up another. This time I decided to make the shorter, hip-length version.
               Fabric is a poly knit from Haberman Fabrics, in a pretty coral color. I love coral with navy!


Not such a flattering pic (LOL), but I did want to show the nice fit through the shoulders
and the wide band at the hip. 


Although I am wearing this today with slacks, I know it will also be perfect to toss 
over a dress this summer. 

(Curious about the quilt in the background? I made this one a few years ago, motivated by a class I took with Gwen Marston on liberated quiltmaking. My inspiration was a photo I took on a golf course in Upper Michigan: it was a beautiful summer day with green grass, blue skies and orange monarch butterflies flitting around. Heavenly!)

Comments

  1. Coral looks lovely on you! I love your newest Blackwood cardigan, and agree that the Navy works so beautifully with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vanessa! It's fun to wear bright colors like this coral after winter when I wear mostly black and gray :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants