I have sewn the McCall's 5591 skirt pattern before for my daughter, and really liked the way it turned out. Looking to add some simple skirts for this H-O-T summer to my wardrobe, I thought I would try it again.
Using some pretty jazzy quilting cotton, I made this up a couple of weeks ago. Cute and fast, and a pattern that I would heartily recommend! In fact, I plan to make it again. Here are a few pictures on our way to Mass:
Love the pockets!
If you look closely you can see a seam at the center front, where I had to do a little fudging. Tho no seam is called for in the pattern, I found a flaw at the fold line of my fabric AFTER I had the skirt cut out :-(
It was easy to fix by sewing in a small seam there, and adjusting the pleats to fit the yoked waistband, which I love just as much as the pockets! I would add more length next time to allow for a deeper hem if using another lightweight cotton.
I was finally able to grab some pictures of the Broken Rib Tank that I finished in June! I used Berroco Weekend yarn, which is a cotton/acrylic blend and a pleasure to work with. The waist shaping and bust dart increases were very effective so the fit was perfect!