I'm back!

Wow....it's been quite awhile since I've posted!

Been busy celebrating our oldest daughter's graduation from DePaul College of Law. We hosted two parties to honor the graduate: one in Chicago for her friends on graduation weekend, and another one back here in Michigan for family and friends the weekend after she sat for the Illinois State Bar. What can I say....we are a couple of proud parents!
We also managed to do a little camping, all in Michigan: Warren Dunes State Park and Harrisville State Park. But don't worry, I've managed to do some sewing along the way:


Love this picture of my two daughters! Libby on the left is wearing Butterick 5179, made from a poly blend fabric from JoAnn Fabrics, with a blue satin-type fabric for the round collar. She was the guest of honor at this backyard swim party!





















Love the way this blouse (Simplicity 3887) turned out! Lovely, light cotton from Gorgeous Fabrics, a site that is fast becoming my favorite online fabric shop. You really can't appreciate how pretty this fabric is in this picture, but it is a dusty lavender, with a very subtle thread of gold woven in here and there. I was pleased that my daughter Kristen liked it! Then there is this cute little number (Simplicity 2896):



This jacket was made from white eyelet that had aged in my stash for quite awhile! Actually, Kristen had picked out this fabric back when she was in high school....let's see, that would be 6 or 7 years ago (!)....for a cute little summer dress. Well, I think it makes a stylish and trendy summer jacket. It's lined with a very soft Kona cotton, and the closures are done with snaps behind the large buttons. The sleeves are also gathered into the lining, no elastic. Very clever! She's smiling, so I think she's happy with it!

There has been some knitting happening also. I've got the body knit and am ready to pick up stitches for the neck and armhole ribbing using this pattern:

It's the Ms. Marigold pattern from Zephyr Style, knit in the yarn specified: Knit Picks Elegance in the colorway Grass. No, I'm not knitting in the little ruffles on the shoulders.....I've already knit one of their patterns, the Green Gable, and although it was a fun knit, I should have knit it a size smaller. So, I went down a size when knitting Ms. Marigold, and now it looks to be too small. Oh well, it will fit one of my two daughters if it doesn't fit me!



Comments

  1. Just popping over to check you out and say "hi" to a tag-team member! Congrats on the 'finished' kid! Mine are 13, 11, 9, 7, and 3... getting them graduated from college seems light-years away. Cami

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants