McCall's 6741: Kristen's Rehearsal Dinner Dress (Aug 2015)

The summer of 2015 was one of wedding preparations in our house, anticipating our daughter Kristen's August wedding to her fiance Brett. Knowing that making a wedding dress was far outside of my skills set, I offered to make Kristen's rehearsal dinner dress....and she agreed! What fun for the Mother-of-the-Bride!
I chose four different dress patterns that I thought might work with the Bride's wishes, and she liked McCall's 6741, View B. There is a lot to like about this design: it's a contemporary silhouette, it's lined....and it has pockets!







Using an ivory ponte as the base fabric, I found this lovely lace from JoAnn Fabrics in my stash to place as an overlay on the side panels. 


We both loved the fit and flare:




A big Thank you goes out to the sewing goddesses who were looking out for me, a perfect invisible zipper on the first try!


Those useful pockets are tucked into the princess seams....love that!



And I'm proud to say that the inside (Bemberg lining)  looks almost as good as the outside:


It was such a fun, busy evening that I didn't take the time to snap a picture of the Bride in her dress, but
I did get one blurry shot of the happy couple. She said she loved the dress and felt comfortable all evening....just what I was hoping for!


Next up:...... sewing for the little Flower Girl!

Comments

  1. I love this dress, it is a perfect rehearsal dress. Great job, Mom, inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lori! That's high praise, coming from you :-)!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! The dress is absolutely beautiful!! Super job adding the fabric overlay for the side panels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vanessa! I think every Bride needs a little lace :-)

      Delete
  4. Really, really nice! Love the lace panels & your zipper looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Beverly! I was so happy with my success on the 1st try with that zipper ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dress is absolutely lovely as is the Bride. I love the lace insert at the sides.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This catch up from the kids' weddings is so much fun! This dress is beautiful as is your daughter. I love the use of the lace over the side panels - totally inspired. I wonder if you kids know how lucky they are? g

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gaylen! As this blog functions as a journal for my projects, I'm so glad that I've finally taken the time to add them. Glad you are enjoying my posts! My kids are very appreciative.....makes it all so much more fun and rewarding :-)

      Delete
  8. Lovely dress! Great job Patty!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants