Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Vogue 9072: Kristen's little Flower Girl

Oh boy, life can get in the way of blogging sometimes! I was determined to get the posts from my daughter's wedding finished at LEAST by her one year anniversary......coming in just under the wire!

I volunteered to make the little Flower Girl dress for the groom's niece, because I knew it would be so much FUN! There really aren't too many patterns that fit the bill, but no worries, Vogue 9072 was perfect.


My daughter, the bride, had a vision of the dress for her flower girl, and wanted a sash with a big bow on the back, in a color to match the bridesmaids dresses. Although I had the flower girl's measurements, she lives in Illinois, and I live in Michigan, so it helped  to pull up some information on the David's Bridal website to reference their sizes for a starting off point.


Luckily, my local JoAnn Fabrics had the perfect dotted tulle for the skirt overlay, and the satin for both the dress and the bow. I was able to source the lining from my stash. In order for the bow to stand up and not collapse due it's size, I underlined/stuffed it with some stiff netting. I also used the same netting gathered in horiziontal rows and stitched to the lining, between the lining and dress fabric, to function like a crinoline so the skirt would pouf out a bit. My daughter loved it, and I think the little Flower Girl had fun in her fancy dress!








And I couldn't resist making this little dolly's dress for the flower girl, so they could 'match'. It was a quick crochet project, and I had no trouble finding matching ribbon for the sash in my ribbon stash. 





The Bride and Groom will be celebrating their 1st Anniversary next week....my how time flies!

                                                 -Patty


9 comments:

  1. The dress is so cute and love the idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the most precious flower girl dress I have ever seen! I LOVE the matching doll ensemble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vanessa! I took a peek at your blog...congratulations on your new bundle of joy!

      Delete
  4. Perfect! I bet she loved that her dress and her doll's dress was made for her! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she liked it! Thanks, Lisa!

      Delete
  5. It was so perfect!! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete