If you have been following my blog for awhile, you'll know that sewing dresses
is one of my favorite things! I've had Simplicity 8640 on my radar for some time, and
when pulling fabric to "sew down some stash", I found this striped linen blend. I do
not have any notes on when or where I purchased it, so it has to be a l.o.n.g. time ago!
Simplicity's description for this pattern is as follows: Float in comfort with this Misses'/Women's loose fitting dress or tunic by designer Elaine Heigl. Features handkerchief design with length variations. Also: "not suitable for stripes"
I beg to disagree!
I like Views A and C, and chose View A's longer length. LOVE that handkerchief hem!
I admit to not following the pattern for pocket placement, as I had read other reviews stating that the
pattern placement was low. I just tried it on, and sewed the pockets on last, trying my best to
somewhat match the stripes.
I am still sewing down my stash (with a new purchase here
and there, of course!), and I found this VERY open
weave tweed-like fabric in my fabric cupboard. I do know that this has been
in my fabric stash for many years: I can't remember where I bought it. It may have been off the red tag clearance tables at
Joann's, but that purchase was made a l.o.n.g. time ago.
Is it home dec fabric? Not sure, the weave is so open. But the fabric
is drapey, and my sewing buddy Karen suggested that I use it in a
Butterick 6244 is a Lisette pattern from a while back, but it is still available on
the Butterick website.
Today is the big reveal for my entry into #thegreatmodulesewalongon Instagram, hosted by Whitney @tomkatstitcherycarmel and Carla @carlamayfield5
Back in January, after hearing about the Module Sew Along on Whitney's You Tube channel, I started to give the whole idea some thought. I pulled fabrics from my stash, purchased one or two, and started to think about pairing the fabrics with patterns. I was able to use patterns from my collection as well, with the only exception being a pattern purchase from Megan Nielsen Patterns: the Tania Culottes. I had already purchased this pattern for the January Sew My Style challenge.
If you look closely, not all fabric in the pile was used, and not every pattern I had initially pulled
was used either.
I've never been as organized and and considerate in my choice of garments to sew, and I really liked this approach!
From left to right: Simplicity 9020: a loungewear set consisting of an oversized boxy T shirt and pair of joggers (with poc…