Tuesday, May 25, 2010

McCall's 5423

I absolutely love wearing these simple, knit dresses....especially in the summer! I've been on the look-out for a great pattern to use this brown, black, orange and white border print fabric that I picked up last summer at Vogue Fabrics in Evanston, Illinois, and I think I found it in McCall's 5423!

Tho difficult to see, there is a sewn-on small dolman-like sleeve, and a narrow empire waist elastic casing. The pattern shows a wide sash, but I didn't feel it was necessary for my dress. And look at that border....it reminds me of slices of kiwi!

Although this deep V opening is figure-flattering, I will need to wear a cami with this dress!

I like the cute little V-neck opening at the back, and LOVE that there isn't a zipper!

This dress is definitely going into the suitcase for my trip to NYC!

5 comments:

  1. Oh how gorgeous is this ... that border print works perfectly. You look great in this dress - it fits you so well and will be just right for your trip to NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect summer dress! also, I love the simplicity sundress and few posts back. I have had the same pattern for 2 years and never sewed it up! I am going to do it after seeing your cute dress!

    NYC sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing your coming to NYC when I am heading out! What brings you to my neck of the woods?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never would have chosen that pattern but seeing how it looks on you I think I will. It is a very pretty dress. Love the border print!

    ReplyDelete