Startitis! : Rusted Root and Weekend Shawl

Spring is trying to find it's way to Michigan! For that reason, I am not too interested in knitting with wool right now. So what's a girl to do but cast on not 1 but 2 new projects in nice, summer-weight yarns! First up is Rusted Root by Zephyr Style in Lion Brand Cotton Ease in the colorway Seaspray. I have almost knit my way to the point where I can separate the sleeves, and then I'm sure the body will just fly off the needles.


Next is a shawl, this time for summer, the Weekend Shawl,  in Araucania Ruca, colorway Banana. One of my knitting buddies showed me this pattern a couple of weeks ago, and of course I wanted to knit along with her! Good thing for bamboo needles, this yarn is a little slippery. But I love the way the fabric looks as I knit it up, and I think this shawl will be perfect for carrying in my bag for chilly nights and frosty air-conditioning.



Comments

  1. love the colors. i pulled my knitting out last week. trying to finish my february sweater before summer patterns! Have you ever been up to Petoskey, MI? They have the best knitting store, Cynthia's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your knitting projects are yummy. Love the shawl in your previous post. Have you been toe SweetPeasYarnShop in St. Clair? Oh, and hooray for a bit of sunshine in MI!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors of the yarn you have selected. Hope the weather continues to warm up! Look forward to seeing the finished knitting projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors of the Rusted Root summer sweater. Can't wait to see it done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely color you picked for Rusted Root... that project as been on my list forever and love the completed garment each time someone has done it.

    Another pretty color and looking forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always loved the Rusted Root pattern, but not sure it would work for my body type. I'll watch your progress with anticipation for you! It's a lovely color, by the way, Patti.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674