MQN Quilt Retreat

A few weeks ago my quilting buddy Margaret asked me to join her in attending the Michigan Quilt Network's first quilt retreat getaway. It was held at a State Of Michigan Dept of Natural Resources facility on North Higgins Lake. The weather was cooperative, and we were treated to a picture-perfect Michigan autumn weekend!


 Taking advantage of the lovely weather, I stepped away from my sewing machine for a bit on Saturday afternoon to talk a walk with my camera down by the lake. So peaceful.






Since our sewing time was limited to just Saturday, I decided to participate in the mystery quilt project. I  used Christmas fabrics, in a fresh red, lime green and pink color palette.




 I finished piecing the top this morning, but I think it needs one more border.  I'm not sure whether I will choose to quilt it for this Christmas or not. All in all, it was an enjoyable and productive weekend!

Comments

  1. That sounds so fun, your quilt is gorgeous, really like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute; love the prints. My suggestion is to use a lime green print in another border.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do have some beautiful landmarks in MI. Good thing, because our climate is less than stellar! I used to belong to MQN. I was, once, a certified quilt judge for NationalQuiltingAsoc. Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674