Simplicity 1803 - Part 1

My nephew will be getting married this weekend and I've decided to make up Simplicity 1803 as shown in pink on the pattern envelope. I used a very pretty coral (or tangerine??) poly satin from JoAnn's.


I am making some changes tho...below you can see a full lining to replace the facings called for in the pattern. And for some reason, it took 3 bodice muslins to get a satisfactory fit, and so I plan to make this again in a cute cotton for summer. 

I made the cute little cap sleeve with the pleat at the top, but it just looked a little too "Betty Bridesmaid" for me. The sleeveless option was better. :-) 
I also replaced the waist gathers in the skirt with pleats. And I found this great tutorial for stitching down the lining to finish the invisible zipper.
All that's left are some finishing steps: slip-stitch the armholes, close the back lining seam, make the bra strap loops, hem and press. 
I'm still undecided about a belt/sash, I think it needs a little something more.
I'll post finished pics after the weekend wedding!


  1. You will look great in your new dress, can't wait to see pictures on you.

  2. I have this pattern up next for myself too. I can't wait to see how yours turns out. The color is gorgeous!

  3. Beautiful fabric and perfect for the pattern you selected.


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simplicity 8640: a favorite!

Butterick: Lisette B6244

The Great Module SewAlong: Reveal!