Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants

The second outfit I've sewn for my upcoming travels to Napa is my favorite so far, 
a cute, casual number made in Robert Kaufman Brussels Washer Linen Blend. This 55% linen, 45% rayon blend was just perfect for this set of garments: cool, drapey, and with a minimal amount of the wrinkling that one finds with 100% linen.
I can't say it enough: I sure enjoy sewing with all types of linen these days!





Again, the Pattern Emporium Low-Key Cami did not disappoint and was a perfect choice. 
Since I had already made this top for my rayon lounge set, this one was a quick make that had already been adjusted (1/2" removed from front armhole, 2" added to cami length) for the perfect fit.




The Love Notions Allegro bottoms have been on my radar for a while now: I've had the pattern printed and ready to sew up for some time. I ordered this linen for exactly this pattern: I wanted to try a pair of the linen joggers that I have seen trending lately.
What a fun and easy make, and I really like the ease in the waist and upper leg, with the taper to a thinner cut leg and the narrow ankle.
Again, I like the convenience of the front pockets, and although I usually avoid putting on back pockets, I did add them to these pants and I think they work.



A cute and stylish monochromatic outfit......just what I was looking for!


                                                                            

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674