What a month of May, 2013!

It's official....it has been over a month since my last blog post...my life is as busy as ever!
Not too much actual sewing has been accomplished, tho I am working on a T-shirt quilt for my niece and have a Burda pants pattern cut out of muslin. I hope to perfect the fit with this pattern and add a few pairs of work slacks to my wardrobe. On the knitting front, I have several blocks of the Great American Afghan completed....working on this with a few of my knitting buddies has kept me on task. Oh, and the Christmas Knitting has commenced! 
And tho I briefly considered participating in MeMadeMay, I'm so glad I didn't....I would have fallen short of my commitment on that one. The month of May has been full of family time: lots of fun, proud moments!
Our youngest son, Matthew, graduated from the University of Michigan with a BA in Philosophy:


The commencement ceremony in the "Big House" is really something special!



So nice to have the whole gang together....proud parents and siblings:


We spent Memorial Weekend in Chicago visiting our daughters and supporting our kids and their friends who ran in the Soldier Field 10 Mile. Another proud moment:


And with a rainy weekend forecast ahead, I just may grab a little sewing time in between celebrating our 33rd (!) wedding anniversary and my 57th (!) birthday. 

If you are still reading along, thanks for visiting!


Comments

  1. You did have a busy month. Happy anniversary and happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A month full of great accomplishments:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to the new graduate and for your anniversary!!!! Also, Happy Birthday! Looking forward to seeing what you sew or knit this summer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674