HotPatterns Blouse-Back T

I spent a little time with my sewing machine last week, working on the 


I watched Trudy's tutorial, and was intrigued by the quick and easy construction. And thought I don't purchase RTW very often, choosing to sew my clothes more and more, I do "snoop shop" once in a while. Tops like the Blouse-back T can be see in many retailers at the moment. After a quick delivery of the pattern via snail mail, I was off to raid my stash for suitable fabric. I found this animal print in a drapey rayon, and a thin black knit for the back piece. The important thing to note here is that the key word is "drapey".  



I was a bit concerned that my finished project looked a little like a PJ top, but I think it works okay with the right accessories. I didn't make any alterations to the pattern, outside of narrowing the neckband a bit. And I didn't use the pattern piece for the neckband, instead I just took my own measurement of the neckline opening and snugged it up a bit so that it didn't gape. 
The next time I make this top I think I will cut a size smaller, and perhaps shorten the back some. I'm not the biggest fan of the high-low hemline on me (cute on others tho!), and even though I like this one, I think I might like the back shorter.







Comments

  1. It's a gorgeous top and quite unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a very cute top and I think you are right, you could go down a size and it would be just fine. Also, I love your sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angela! I'm looking forward to making this top again. The sunflowers were pretty amazing this year :-)

      Delete
  3. I love it, you did great work. When I first saw the pattern I was afraid the U neck would be too low, but now I'm looking to get it. Love your fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a gorgeous top and it looks great on you. I have this pattern and I want to make it for myself and Meredith wants one. I will keep the drapey in mind when I look for fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute top. Your fabric selection really makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This top is awesome! It looks so stylish, fun, and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants