McCall's 6966 - Maxi Skirt

I took advantage of one of those one-day sales at Mood and purchased a lovely bright green Ikat jersey knit, which I knew would be perfect for McCall"s 6966:

Line Art


I sewed up View C, which is the black print on the pattern envelope, but without the ruched waistband. And the waistband? So clever! I've been sewing many years now, but I've never applied an elastic waistband in this way, and I must say I plan to use this technique again! The elastic encased in the wider band keeps it unseen, yet gives the support necessary.

 




This skirt is so flowey, which I tried to show in the less-than-flattering picture below:



                               
       

                               

                              Summer is officially over, but here in the Midwest it is still warm and sunny.
                              I plan to continue to wear my new skirt into the fall/winter, with boots and a
                              belted cardigan perhaps. And I plan to make the shorter version in the future.



Comments

  1. Great looking skirt, enjoy the fall weather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty this is fantastic. I want to make many many more versions of this skirt. Hope you get loads of wear from yours. g

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skirt looks lovely, gorgeous colour and print

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674