Quilted Lattice Ascot


Last night at my monthly knitting group, I was able to finish up my Quilted Lattice Ascot by designer Pam Powers. I knit this using Jasper yarn from Berroco, which I have plenty of in my stash. The three buttons came from my button collection. 
This pattern calls for two strips of snap tape to be sewn under the lattice square for closure, but I found it easier just to sew the scarf closed, and just pull it on over my head. The buttons are sewn down, and while they function to close the top of the scarf, I find they are more ornamental. And that is what I like about Pam Power's designs: her use of buttons and other closures make it feel like you are wearing jewelry! 


Quick pic to show the neck-hugging style of the ascot.....it looks and feels great under my down coat: a necessity this winter in Michigan of day after day of subzero temperatures.



Comments

  1. That is a great looking ascot and perfect for this winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lori! Right now I'm looking forward to packing it away until *next* winter!

      Delete
  2. Oh my, what a lovely neck wrap. I've never seen one quite like it. Thanks so much for sharing your adaptation of it. I haven't knit anything in quite a while, but I think I'll get this pattern (already have some lovely Cascade 220) and get started on it for next fall. Heck, I'd wear it indoors. Western NY winters are similar to yours, I think. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandra. It's a fun and quick knit, and different from the very popular cowl.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants