T-shirt Quilt-Let's Cheer!



A friend of a friend of a friend contacted me a few months back about the possibility of finishing a T-shirt quilt. The quilt had been started several years ago for her daughter by the daughter's Grandma, but Grandma had passed away before she could finish.
Of course I would help!
This quilter had already fused the T-shirt blocks, and purchased the fabric for the sashing, cornerstones, and borders, along with the batting. My contribution was the purple pin dot fabric for the backing which I thought was a nice compliment to the fun, bright quilt front!


Love my new Juki for machine quilting!!!!





I like to use a meander stitch in the quilt blocks, but to keep it fun and interesting (for both me and the recipient!) I like to isolate a motif in each block if able.
This can best be seen by looking at the back of the quilt:



Both my client and her daughter were pleased with the finished product, and so happy to have Grandma's work to remember her by.


Patty

Comments

  1. OMGee... that is Gorgeous and Love the vibrancy of the colors. The back is just as pretty and yes the motif really pops on the back side.. Great Job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants