The Professional Tote

The February project on my  2017 UFO Challenge at allpeoplequilt.com list was  The Professional Tote by Laura Martell at The Creative Thimble:


And I'm happy to say this project is FINISHED!

Front:
 Two outer pockets on the front, one zips closed:

                             
                                                                                     Back:
                                   One large pocket on the back will easily accommodate a magazine
                                                                            or file folders:


This pattern is several years old, and I've had the supplies for it for a few years. Again, sewing
down my stash is a goal this year, and I've had this fabric percolating for just the right project :-)

Before starting, I did my due diligence and read many reviews and posts by others who have 
made this bag. That sure helped! For that reason, I decided to use
for the outer bag  as well as the handle straps, and  the Pellon 71F fusible
(which is similar to the DecorBond called for
in the pattern) for the inner structure/support. 

Hats off to Ms. Martell: the step-by-step directions are very clear, with many photos
illustrating those steps. 

Here are some interior photos of my bag: there are lots of pockets!
I did use headliner fabric here for the center pocket to cushion my tablet/laptop/Kindle.


Note the key fob attached to this set of pockets:


Another set of pockets, this one has a flap with a Velcro closure:


One of my favorite features with this bag is the travel strap! It is made
to measure to fit over your luggage, and I love it! Also, note the side pockets for
an umbrella and water bottle:



Although this is quite an involved project, it is not difficult. I was able to sew it with 
ease on my Juki sewing machine, but I'm afraid a more light weight machine would 
make it more of a challenge.
My bag is a sturdy, almost luggage-like bag, but one I will use a lot.
I'm very pleased with it, and look forward to making it again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants