McCall's 7505

My daughter asked me to make McCall's 7505 in a jewel-tone purple
for an upcoming wedding that she would be attending.
        I found a great Poly fabric at my local JoAnns Fabric and Crafts:
 very silky and drapey, perfect for this style.


Of course, those trumpet sleeves are the stars of the show, but
 had to be shortened by 2 inches. I took off 1 inch where
the flare meets the sleeve at the elbow, and one more inch
at the sleeve hem.:



                                                                   

                                             Although this pattern does not offer a lining option, it
                                          was easy enough to line this dress with anti-static lining, also
                                                 from my local JoAnn Fabrics and Crafts store.



                                     My daughter loved wearing this dress to her college friend's
                                                      wedding last weekend in Portland, OR.:
                                                   

and I think she looks fabulous! 


This is a great style, very on-trend at the moment. I think it would look
great shortened to a tunic/top length for the Spring!

-Patty

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants