Stitches Midwest recap


I think it was 10 years ago or so that I last went to Stitches Midwest, so I thought it was time for another trip! First stop was at Honey Biscuit in Mount Prospect, IL to fuel up for the fun day ahead.
Yes, that is one delicious cinnamon roll pancake on the right.....heavenly!


                 
                         After a couple of hours of shopping the vendors, and soaking in the colors and textures of so many beautiful yarns, it was time to take a break and sit in on Karla Overland of Cherrywood Fabrics lecture on the color challenges for quilters that she has facilitated over the last few years.
                           


               The first time I went to Stitches, I was a bit overwhelmed at the offerings there....so much yarn! So many colors and fiber choices! Patterns with samples to consider and try on! THIS time, I made a list (yes!), and only veered from it a little
               Below, you can see my haul for the day: the green and gray bulky Valley Yarns from WEBS are for two donation toddler sweaters, the Neighborhood Fibers trio is earmarked to make Joji Locatelli's Suburban Wrap, there is a skein of sock yarn from Northern Bee Studio for a pair of socks (for me!), the handy-dandy sock ruler, and 2 skeins of superwash merino from Rhichard Devrieze (the nicest guy!) for a baby sweater that my daughter purchased for her baby due in November. A couple of patterns and a set of ChiaGoo size 1's to add to my ChiaGoo set round out my purchases.




So much fun at Stitches Midwest! The best part?
 Spending the day with one daughter, and then dinner and a girls' night out with both daughters, of course!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants