Go Iowa Hawkeyes!

If you are a regular reader of this blog, you might have found the headline to today's post a little confusing as I have noted in the past that I am a ardent University of Michigan alum and fan. (My blood runs "just a little" Maize and Blue!)
 But my dear son-in-law is an Iowa alum, and I wanted to make him a quilt of his own.

Although I live in Michigan, I was able to source the Iowa Hawkeye fabric online from Joann Fabrics before we all went into isolation. And this was the first project I focused on:


The pattern is called Triple Treat, from the book Happy Hour by Atkinson Designs.

The front is pieced using cotton fabrics, and I used flannel on the back: so snuggly!
The quilting is a large meander done on my domestic Juki TL-2000 Qi (love that machine!).


This book also has a pattern to use the off-cuts from the block piecing to make a table runner, called Second Helpings:


I would have loved to gift this to him in person, but with the current state of affairs I had to mail it. Thank goodness for our USPS: it helps us all to stay in touch!

#stayhomestaysafe

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants