Cogwheel Baby Cardigan

 

                     Our sweet little granddaughter Emersyn turned 2 this month, so I knit up the   Cogwheel Baby Cardigan by Lisa Clarke for her birthday knit.

            I love this slip stitch, patterned yoke.....so fun to knit!



  Yarn used was Lion Brand Basic Stitch acrylic for ease of care and wearability.

Acrylic yarns have come a long way from those I  first started knitting 40+(!) years ago......this yarn was a joy to work with and is very soft. In my opinion, it is helpful to  use a yarn that can be machine washed when knitting for a busy toddler.

       I was able to snap a couple of quick pics of Miss Emmy wearing her new hand knit, though they are a little blurry as she doesn't stay still for very long!

 

                          


                         


                                                                        

Comments

  1. Beautiful! I have a few hand-knitted sweaters and blankets that my stepmother made for my children, and they are being carefully stored for the next generation. Such a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! My kids really appreciate the knitting I do for their kiddos, so that makes it fun!

      Delete
  2. She looks adorable in her new cardigan. You’re so right about easy care for active little ones! Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen! Just trying to make life a little easier for the busy parents :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants