Christmas festivities


We celebrated Christmas a little early yesterday with my Mom and Dad. A pork loin roast (marinated with garlic, rosemary and olive oil) was on the menu, along with some of the kids' favorites: broccoli salad, cheesy potatoes and red applesauce jello. Apple pie and homemade cookies (thanks to the Cookie Walk at the library!) rounded out the dessert menu.


This evening is the annual Christmas Dinner with my local quilt group, an event I look forward to every year! We have a handmade ornament exchange, and I made mine last night of course.
Thanks to The Feathered Nest for a great tutorial!


I also need to take a dessert to share, since I failed to meet the UFO challenge in 2009. These Mini Cappuccino Cheesecakes will be my contribution.....I think I need to sample one just to be sure they taste okay! Do you think anyone will notice that the plate will hold 23 cheesecakes and not 24????


UPDATE: If you count you'll see that there are fewer than 23 cheesecakes....those $%&# little buggers would NOT release from the muffin pans that they were cooked in! I managed to salvage a few to take tonight, and tho the presentation is lacking they taste YUMMY!

Comments

  1. Love the cheesecake desserts last night at the party. Several members asked for the reciepe. How about sending it out to the membership. Yes, I counted 23...true to your word. You didnt eat a second one. Looking forward to seeing Christmas in Hawaii pictures. Merry Christmas. Hugs
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674