American Sewing Expo

I have been attending the American Sewing Expo for more years than I can remember, and this year was no exception. My sewing and knitting buddy Karen and I arrived at the Expo on Sat afternoon around 12:30 pm. We browsed the vendors on the show floor, drooling over some lovely wools and silks at some of our favorites: Vogue Fabrics (Chicago), Haberman Fabrics (Royal Oak), and Fabric Gallery (Williamston). Then we took a seat for a bit and saw the fashion show put on by PatternReview. After a couple of purchases, Karen left for home and I stayed on to see the Passion for Fashion competition runway show. This time I was in full agreement with the judges re the winning look! 
Sunday morning found me back in Novi for an 8:30am start to my full-day class: Leather 101 with Kenneth King. I had taken classes with Kenneth last year, and I knew that I would get a wealth of information and some funny stories along the way :-) I now feel totally comfortable to approach sewing the leather skirt that I've been wanting for a long time!



It was a nice way to spend the weekend, tho 2 days may be overkill. In my plans to sew down my stash of fashion fabric, I was really discriminating  with my purchases. One pattern by Indygo Junction and the fabric (from Vogue) to make it, and the introductory snap kit from Snap Source were all that came home with me!




Next year I will plan for one day....although that will depend on who may be offering classes and what they might cover!



Comments

  1. Hi Patty and thanks for the lovely compliment on my cards. I've become so addicted. The AME sounds like major fun and hope to attend one year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an exciting opportunity, Patty!
    Oh, you lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674