New Look 6969

A few weeks ago, before the winter 'thaw' and the advent of truly spring-like Michigan weather, I had the urge to sew up something fresh and cute. Using view D below, with some stretch cotton sateen from my stash, I stitched up the little number below using NewLook 6969:



Since this skirt is unlined, it took me no time at all. And, although it doesn't look like it in the photo, the hem IS even.....must be that 'model pose'! I actually prefer to wear dresses and skirts, especially in the warmer months, so I signed on for the "No Pants Challenge" over at Hideous!Dreadful!Stinky! to make four pieces over the 4 weeks before summer officially starts: May 23 - June 17, 2011. Trust me when I say I have the patterns and the stash fabric to make this happen :-)!

Comments

  1. Cute skirt and have that pattern.... & will be moving it up on my to sew list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I need to get this pattern. You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really cute, Patti. Don't you just love skirts?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674