Alice book bag: Betz White pattern

I wanted to make another messenger-type bag, but without the detail that I put into the last one that I made. Lori posted these projectsof the Alice book bag on her blog, and I really liked the ring detail so I thought I'd give it a try. I like the handle option: it can be opened out full length to be a cross-body bag, or doubled up and worn under the arm. These rings were in my stash.....a little larger than the pattern calls for but they still worked okay:

 



The pattern allows for one interior pocket, and I think if I made this again I would add a zipper pocket inside also.


I added a zipper to the exterior pocket for security.

This is the second bag I made using this pattern. The first one was a fail. I used a very heavy weight Pellon, fusing it to the bag and it was sloppy looking, too stiff and very difficult to work with. I wanted to try something new, but I still prefer using craft fleece, with canvas sewed in for support. The bag above doesn't have the canvas, so is a little 'soft' but I still like it.


Comments

  1. I really like your bag, I used larger grommets, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUCH a great bag! Nicely done, Patty!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674