Making progress on the Christmas Quilt discussed here. Quilting is finished, I'll be sewing on the binding while I'm at my Quilt Guild meeting tonight. Hooray! A new quilt for the holidays!
You are inspiring me as I've always wanted a Christmas quilt. There's a lovely book that I read some years ago called The Christmas Quilt. Wonderful story. Looking forward to your finished project.
I am participating in the Great Module Sewalong with Whitney from TomKat Stitchery and Carla from Stay Stitching , both on YouTube. The Module is to consist of 6 coordinating pieces: 2 bottoms, 3 tops, a topper (could be a cardigan, blazer, jacket) and I will add one extra, a dress. This is my topper, the Blackwood Cardigan by Helen's Closet , which I have made twice before! This is the perfect pattern for an open cardigan, so why mess with a good thing! I found this leopard print sweater knit at Hobby Lobby, which was a fun surprise since I rarely shop there for garment fabrics. I make absolutely no alterations to this pattern, sewing it right up out of the pattern envelope, and have been happy every time. But I have to say that this one is my favorite! Next up is a Sew House Seven/Simplicity pattern toaster Sweater, that I hope to squeeze out of an ivory knit. I am enjoying the motivation from sewing along with t...
My Birthday is a month away, but this is the dress I made to celebrate turning 65.....how did THAT happen?!! I wanted a cotton day dress to wear for the warmer summer weather, and I feel this is it! I had watched Whitney from TomKat Stitchery on YouTube post a sewalong for this pattern, and I loved everything about it: -shirtdress style -princess seams -custom cup sizes and -a fit and flare silhouette This 100% cotton fabric with sliced lemons and blue stripes is just quirky enough for this milestone birthday. And the color scheme is absolutely perfect for the weekend I'll be spending with my daughters in Ann Arbor: my old stomping grounds as a University of Michigan alum. Although I usually prefer to line my dresses, I wanted to keep this one...
Simplicity 2648 is an Amazing Fit pattern, which has different bodice pattern pieces for cup sizes A-B-C-D along with adjustments for "slim, average and curvy fit". If you read my last post , you will already know that I am excited about these options that the pattern companies are providing the home sewist. I think with these options, along with a lot of trial and error over my last few years of sewing, that I've finally figured out how to obtain a much better fit with my garment sewing. The fabric I used for this unlined sheath dress was a heathered gray ponte knit from FabricMart that I purchased online in June, 2011. I have several of the Simplicity Amazing Fit patterns, but hadn't yet actually used one. When I picked this dress pattern to sew up, I decided to follow the directions as written. That meant cutting larger seam allowances, and basting(!) seams for fitting, then removing the basting, taking apart the dress and resewing. This...
You are inspiring me as I've always wanted a Christmas quilt. There's a lovely book that I read some years ago called The Christmas Quilt. Wonderful story. Looking forward to your finished project.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the finished product!
ReplyDelete