Hungry Caterpillar Baby Cocoon and Hat

Finally....a knitting project that I can write about!
Like many knitters, the majority of my knitting projects at this time of year are all about gift-giving. This adorable little project was a gift too.....to my niece and her husband at their baby shower last weekend.
I have to thank my knitting buddy Deb for introducing me to this pattern, and I stole her idea of gifting it with the book and caterpillar toy :-) Perfect!
This is a quick and easy project using Vickie Howell's line of yarn, Sheepish. So soft and squishy, perfect for snuggling a new baby.


The only "fiddly" part of this pattern is attaching the eyes. The patterns suggests hot glue(!), but I chose to stitch the green part to the felt base using my sewing machine and invisible thread. Then I hand stitched that to the hat, and hand stitched the yellow rims, along with the antennae. Not hard to do, just took a  little time.            Too cute!



Comments

  1. So adorable!!! As a teacher (taught Kindergarten for four years) I love the idea of gifting it with the book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty that cocoon and hat are just gorgeous. You have made a wonderful gift for a lucky mum and bub.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a beautiful gift! I'm sure the family will love it! g

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants