I've been absent from the blog for several months, I know.....it's been a busy year for our family!
We have had 3 of our 4 kids get married this year...quite a year!
I did do quite a bit of sewing since I last posted in the Spring, so let's get caught up...starting with the dress I made for our son's rehearsal and dinner.
I really like the Amazing Fit line of patterns that Simplicity puts out. Using my usual set of alterations, along with the accommodations that Simplicity puts in with seaming and dart placement, I usually end up with a successful project. With that knowledge, I grabbed Simplicity 0593 out of my pattern collection, which I am sorry to say is out of print.
This very vibrant stretch cotton sateen came out of my stash. I have been hoarding it for several years, waiting for the right project.
Below is the dress on my dress form, basted together. My usual alterations were needed: FBA, length added to the bodice and to the skirt length.
The one draw back to this pattern is that it is unlined, and I didn't bother to add one.
There's the Groom! with a not too great picture of the dress .....
If you happen to have this pattern in your collection, I would recommend that you give it a try! I plan to revisit it, perhaps with a lovely brown wool crepe that has been calling out to me....