F.A.S.T. Gala 2018: Hand knits for Angelman's

I remember having a sweater that knit up the back when my kiddos were young, and that is what
I wanted to make for the silent auction at the F.A.S.T. Gala in December, 2018 to benefit
Angelman Syndrome research.

I picked up the Valley Yarns bulky from Webs, who was vending in Aug 2018 at Stitches Midwest.
The lime green and the gray are both so gender neutral in this day and age of  
"pink for girls, blue for boys" (that makes me a little crazy!).

                                                      (My haul from Stitches Midwest 218)

These sweaters did turn out very cute, but the pattern.....agh!! 
Minimal directions, and confusing charting took some of the fun out of 
this project. And then I found one of the balls of grey yarn was missing
and so I ordered more yarn. Of course, a couple of months later I found
the lost ball, which had somehow rolled under the driver's seat
of my car....!!
 But, I tried to focus and knit encouraging thoughts
and lots of love into these knits for little toddlers.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants