McCall's 7131: culottes? gauchos?

A current trend for women is the full split skirt, cropped between ankle and knee. Gee....I remember these from the 80's, we called them 'gauchos' back then! LOL 
I used a linen I purchased from FabricMart  (still available!)....stripes!
 I am seeing striped linen everywhere in retail and online this summer.

I liked the style lines of  McCall's 7131  View C, especially the flat front with elasticized back, and the pockets!





After wearing these a couple of times now, I think a more drapey fabric would work better as
there is a LOT of fabric!
Also, this is a very generously drafted pattern, and I could easily go down a size.
I ended up taking in the side seams about an inch.
All that being said, I would like to make up this pattern again, and would
recommend it.





Here I am wearing it with one of my hand knit tops:
Rusted Root knit in 2011
Pattern: Rusted Root by Zephyr Style
Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton Ease, colorway: Seaspray
Needles: US size 6


(Obligatory split skirt photo LOL!):  




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants