New Look 6672

                     Sewing up my gray, ivory and mustard module last winter/early Spring, I learned that a more organized approach to garment sewing was a good plan for me at the moment. So, for this summer I pulled mostly black and white fabrics from my stash and liked what I saw! Of course, we all know what a great combination black and white is, especially for summer. 

I was lacking a basic white top, and when I saw this pattern:  New Look 6672 I was intrigued! There was a lot in this design that appealed to me: the faced v-neck, the cute released pleats in the front, and the high/low hem. The fabric I pulled is a linen/poly blend I believe, as it presses nicely and really doesn't wrinkle at all. (No clue when or where I bought it! LOL)



New Look 6672 Misses' TopNew Look 6672 Misses' Top



                            I did make some alterations: FBA, lowered the bust darts and omitted the elasticated                                           gathering at the center back.





                                 The sleeves are hemmed with an attached facing, which gives such a 
                            clean finish. I would prefer to top stitch them down, but didn't want visible
                                    topstiching on this garment. Stitching in the ditch in the 2 seams 
                                               is working, tho, to hold the facing in place.




                       I might revisit this pattern in the future, and I think it would work nicely with a 
                        fabric with more drape and possible a little bit of stretch as well.

                                               I hope to have a few more summer garments to 
blog about in the next few weeks before I transition to fall and winter projects. We shall see!


                                                        

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants