Kwik Sew 2948 top with Megan Nielsen Tania Culottes

Hello, hello!

After a much needed break from posting to social media, and writing
 blog posts, I am back
 to post some of the garments I have made over the last few months. 

Back in March (which seems like a lifetime ago!), I participated in the Great Module Sew Along (see my blog post HERE).
Today I am wearing two pieces from my module : 



Kwik Sew 2948 (OOP):

Kwik Sew 2948 Twin Set Cardigan & Sleeveless Top Sewing Pattern ...




I used a vintage poly double knit in a mustard color (a gift from a dear friend, now deceased)
 for Kwik Sew 2948. This pattern has been in my stash FOREVER, and I'm so glad I kept it as I love this top! This was the first time I used this pattern, and I see that I could benefit from a small sway back adjustment. Other than that, it's just what I was looking for, both as a sleeveless top and a layering piece for cooler weather.



The Tania culottes were a dream to sew as well, and the rayon twill I chose to use had been living in my stash for a while and it was a perfect match for this pattern!
Swishy, cool and fun to wear  :-)

 My challenge has been 
 to focus on revisiting my fabric collection, sewing up the stash, 
 and it's been fun.



Pockets!!



Due to the Governor of the State of Michigan's executive order, our dental office was closed to all but emergency care for 3 months. With this unplanned time away from work, I managed to do quite a bit of sewing, quilting and knitting.....and those activities helped me manage through very uncertain times. And they continue to do so as we travel through this pandemic.

Stay well, stay safe, and wear a mask!


Comments

  1. Very nice. It’s hard to beat those older Kwik Sews for “test of time” basics. Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! I plan to make the turtleneck sometime down the road.....

      Delete
  2. Thank you for reminding me about this pattern! I love wearing rayon challis in these hot midwestern summers, and it would work well with that pattern. My Michigan-born husband would appreciate your color combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! But.....the morning light was deceiving! My culottes are gray :-) But you can tell your husband that my blood does run maize and blue!!! LOL

      Delete
  3. Nice cluster wardrobe. I'm grew up in Deckerville, MI and a Michigan State girl myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Thumb area of MI is a great place to live :-)

      Delete
  4. Love both of these pieces! I especially like the culottes, because so often they aren't very flattering from the back. These look just beautiful. I hope that pattern is still available!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674