Tuesday, February 23, 2010

New Look 6802

Another finished project, entered in the Stash contest on PatternReview. And that's the problem with my stash.....there is alot of it, and half the time I can't remember where or when I purchased it! I know I bought this fabric a year or 2 ago, maybe from Gorgeous Fabrics?? I don't usually wear much red, tho this is more an orangey-red with brown accents. Funny thing about this fabric, it is actually the focus fabric on the pattern envelope: pure coincidence! I didn't need to make too many alterations to this pattern, and now I see why it is such a popular dress pattern. I did raise the v-neck by 1 inch tho. I plan on sewing this one again, that's for sure :-)

Shown with the required cardi for a Michigan winter:






This front twist is actually a separate bodice piece, easy-peasy:


4 comments:

  1. Very cute dress and it looks fantastic on you. Like it with the cardigan, too. Is it ever going to be spring?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, i want one ;) and is that a new dress form??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog from link on Sew Stitch Create. I am very impressed. I am not a garment maker and I am in awe when I see someone who can make something that is wearable--and so stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, another cute dress! Very, very nice!

    ReplyDelete