Men's Basic Knitted Hat

My college-age son Kenny requested "a light gray hat with dark gray stripes" to get him through the cold Michigan winter, so I decided to use Ellen's Basic Hat pattern which is about as straight-forward a hat pattern as you can get! Berrocco's Ultra Alpaca worsted has become my go-to yarn when I need a basic wool worsted. Knit on size 8 needles, I think the fit will be perfect, but I'll know more when he comes home this weekend for spring break!
I'm planning on casting on this afternoon for a scarf to go with this hat, using the ScWiNoWa(Ravelry link) pattern, since I think I have enough yarn left over to use up.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants