HotPatterns: DL Classix Nouveau Swingy Knit Top (HP 1233)





I've had this pattern, the
quite some time now, and decided to give it a go using a red 
ponte from my stash.

It was the simple lines of the front of the design that first got my
attention, but then would you take a look at that back!
Love the soft pleats that fall from from the lowered back neckline!





This is a pretty quick and easy project, and one I can see making again.
I sewed up a size 14 straight from the envelope without any
alterations. I have sewn several HotPatterns tops before, so I 
felt confident with the fit after doing some flat pattern 
measurements.

This vibrant red is perfect for a cold and gloomy Midwestern February, and
appropriate for Valentine's Day.



Comments

  1. Well I think you look delightful in red, and I have never sewn a Hotpatterns pattern before! Are there any in particular that you like? Happy early Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your top, and the color is so appropriate for today - Valentine's Day. Though I am often attracted to Hot Pattern designs because of the style drawings on the patterns, the ones I have actually sewn required many alterations.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants