Feelin' cozy with Simplicity 9020

This project is my final make for #thegreatmodulesewalong! I decided that since I mostly sew clothes that are appropriate for my office job, I really needed to sew some lounge wear. Having recently purchased Simplicity 9020, I went ahead and cut it out using this lovely Italian knit that I had purchased years ago from Mood Fabrics.

Trust me, I DID read the pattern notes re sizing, but this pattern is VERY oversized!!
I cut my usual size LG for the top, and cut an XL for the bottoms for cozy comfort, and had to take both pieces in substantially. 
I kept the side seam pockets on the pants (of course!), but left off the small back pocket which I knew I would never use.

Adding cuffs to the sleeves brought the arm fullness in a bit, and made the top a more
practical garment.

The result: wearable, but still oversized.




It was so fun to add some text to the very plain gray knit, using my Silhouette machine and some heat transfer vinyl.





I enjoyed the quick result and plan to make more lounge wear in the future, but will be on 
the lookout for another pattern. 

Comments

  1. I just love this! The text on the tee makes it more special! I can't believe you are done with your module. I am excited to see everything.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674