The Great Module SewAlong: Reveal!



Today is the big reveal for my entry into #thegreatmodulesewalongon Instagram, hosted by Whitney @tomkatstitcherycarmel and Carla @carlamayfield5



Back in January, after hearing about the Module Sew Along on Whitney's You Tube channel, I started to give the whole idea some thought. I pulled fabrics from my stash, purchased one or two, and started to think about pairing the fabrics with patterns. I was able to use patterns from my collection as well, with the only exception being a pattern purchase from Megan Nielsen Patterns: the Tania Culottes. I  had already purchased this pattern for the January Sew My Style challenge.
If you look closely, not all fabric in the pile was used, and not every pattern I had initially pulled
 was used either. 
I've never been as organized and and considerate in my choice of garments to sew, and I really liked this approach! 




From left to right:

Simplicity 9020: a loungewear set consisting of an oversized boxy T shirt and pair of joggers (with pockets!),  I added some text using heat transfer vinyl to break up all that gray space.

Mandy Boat Tee: A free Tee pattern from Tessuti Fabrics online shop, using a gray knit

Kwik Sew 2948 (OOP):  this sweater set pattern has been in my collection for years and never used. This vintage polyester fabric worked great for this tank.

Blackwood Cardigan: this pattern from Helen's Closet designs is my TNT cardigan pattern, and the leopard print fabric from Hobby Lobby was a new purchase specifically for this challenge.

Simplicity 8529: this pattern for the Toaster Sweater from Sew House Seven designs is a keeper! Made from a lovely textured stable knit from Beautiful Textiles.

Tania Culottes: The Sew My Style January challenge was to use this pattern from Megan Nielsen Patterns, and I used a gray rayon twill from my stash. I know I will enjoy wearing these once the weather warms up here in the Midwest!

Butterick 6388: I added this dress to my module as an extra addition: I love to sew and wear dresses. This is one of my favorite makes, and I wear it a lot! Beautiful Textiles also had this fun bonded knit embossed with a cable knit pattern, which was perfect! After reading many reviews of this popular pattern, I decided to leave off the front pockets, to eliminate added bulk.

I did it: 2 bottoms, 4 tops, 1 topper and 1 dress! 

With a "stay-at-home: stay home, stay safe" order from our Governor, we will continue to self-isolate as we have been doing since last week. I see more sewing in my immediate future!

Prayers for those professionals on the front lines of this pandemic.

Stay well,












Comments

  1. Really inspiring! Love the mix of calm neutrals with great color, and the day into night on comfort ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your module!! It is a beautiful mix of colors, solids and prints alike. B6388 looks amazing in the textured fabric, and the mustard shell is the perfect pop of color. You did a nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vanessa! It was a fun way to dip into my stash in a more cohesive way. :-)

      Delete
  3. Your module is awesome! Fabrics are beautifully co-ordinated but also can stand alone. I recently 'found' Whitney's Youtube videos and enjoy each one. The vintage yellow tank was a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Fran! Not sure it's the best color for me to wear, but I love it anyway :-)

      Delete
  4. I love your module; the colors, styles and fabrics. So coordinated and flattering. Enjoy wearing it!
    I have always enjoyed planning and sewing wardrobes or SWAP's ( they have had lots of names).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Audrey! I have been putting the pieces in rotation and enjoy wearing them.:-)

      Delete
  5. Very nice! I really like your style! You give me inspiration to try things I might not have if I didn't see how great they look on you. This is a really well-curated capsule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kay, for you kid words! At this point in my life, I think I've figured out what it is I like to wear, and what (for the most part! LOL) looks best on me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants