Toaster Sweater for my Module: Top #2

I've been sewing along on my Wardrobe Module for The Great Module Sewalong, and recently 
put together Simplicity 8529, the Toaster Sweater which is a collaboration with the Sew House Seven pattern designer company. 

This is a very popular pattern in the sewing community, first with Sew House Seven and then again with Simplicity. It's clean lines and of-the-moment design makes it fun to sew and to wear.
I must say, I really like the high funnel collar: not quite a cowl, and not quite a turtleneck!










I purchased this lovely ivory knit from Beautiful Textiles, and it sewed like a dream.
Well, the fabric was lovely to sew, but my serger decided to act up!!
I guess I've been walking a fine line with needing new cutting blades, so off it 
went to the repairman for a spa date! New blade(s), clean-up and tune-up and soon
I'll be back serging again.

(my machine serged fine with a test piece-I ALWAYS do a test serge first-and sewed fine on the straight, but NOT on any curve. It's been this way for the last 3-4 garments, so I know it wasn't the fabric)



                                                         UGH!!



After that serger challenge, I forged ahead with my regular sewing machine anyway and ended up with a cute top that I am happy with!

My one concern, tho, is that I'm not quite sure I like the Dolman sleeves.
I ended up taking this top in quite a bit to reduce some of the fullness around the 
underarm/bust area. I notice this with every dropped sleeve garment, but I feel
it's more noticeable here due to the more stable knit. It doesn't bother me as
much when I use a fabric with more drape.

All in all, a successful make, and one more piece is done for my Module!!


                                                                            Smiles,

Comments

  1. This is such a cute top! I am glad your serger will be repaired, and your top still came out wonderfully! What else do you have left to make for the module?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have all the pieces completed, with a little extra: 3 tops, a topper, culottes, 2 pieces of loungewear: top and bottom, and a dress. All handmade. Looking forward to taking pics
      of them altogether! How is your module coming along, V?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting: Heart Hats for Valentine's Day

Casual in Linen: Pattern Emporium Low-Ley Cami with Love Notions Allegro Pants

My Birthday Dress: Butterick 6674